Singapore Tourists Cancel Their Travel to Lagoi Bintan
Tanjungpinang, Batamnews - The opening access to foreign tourist visits from Singapore to the Riau Islands through the travel bubble program is confirmed to be canceled.
The spike in Covid-19 cases in several areas in the Riau Islands has made plans for foreign tourists visiting the tourist areas of Lagoi, Bintan, and Nongsa, Batam to be postponed.
The Governor of Riau Islands Ansar Ahmad declared the postponement of the opening of this foreign tourist visit in the next few months.
"Oh yes, maybe it will be delayed. The postponement could be until next May or August," said Ansar in Tanjungpinang, Friday (16/4/2021).
He revealed the dependence of Riau Islands tourism on the neighboring country. The opening of the travel bubble depends on the results of negotiations with Singapore.
"We also have to be able to convince Singaporeans like that, so that we will truly believe and be convinced," he said.
Previously, the Deputy for Strategic Policy at the Ministry of Tourism, Kurleni Ukar, said that the Governor of the Riau Islands Province had prepared several dates to restart the Bintan Lagoi trip to Singapore.
Not only April 21 2021 but also May 1 or even June 1 proposed to the central government.
"The Governor of Riau Islands has proposed the enactment of the Travel Corridor Arrangement for the Bintan Lagoi area starting April 21, 2021. However, they are still considering whether vaccination can be carried out, (whether) Covid-19 is under control, and the response from the Singapore government," he was quoted as saying by Channel News Asia.
"They have prepared several scenarios, namely (reopening) on April 21 and then May 1, or June 1, 2021," he added.